Source : www.mobileapptelligence.com
At present Mobile apps have become the part and parcel of our life. Now we have an app for every purpose. How an immensely popular app comes into being is a million-dollar question. Mobile app design plays a very important part in the success of the app. A mobile app designer is the resource responsible for the look and feel of the mobile app. One more important factor that mobile app design can bring about is an effective interaction between the mobile app and its user. Hence a designer plays a very important role throughout the life cycle of the mobile app development. A designer’s responsibility doesn’t end with handing over the mobile app design to the development team. He or she has to keep interacting with the development team and implement the changes required in the mobile app designing.
Mobile App Development
Great mobile apps invariably have three core ingredients – design, function and experience of the end user. So mobile app design becomes one key factor for the growth of app. One must do a deep study of some of the examples of great mobile app designing. The Android app sunrise calendar has an wonderful design. The beauty of this app is that it remains to be beautiful even when it is burdened with a lot of appointments, reminders, etc. Its iOS version, released on May 29, 2014, is being hailed for its neat, straightforward design and helpful hooks into third-party services like Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare. Following are some of the important points, which should be taken care while designing a mobile app.
1. Give great care even to the minute details. Every pixel of any mobile app design, will count. This is the first rule to keep in mind, if you want to make your app great. Take care that the desktop icons stand out.
2. Regarding fonts, perfect separations between titles, subtitles and content with bold, italic, colors, and sizes should be given utmost attention. Tiny adjustments in the mini-space of apps can make a huge difference. Ultimately, it’s the fonts which determine the actual look n feel of your mobile app.
3. Mobile app design – UI/UX has to be with the right approach, using Apple’s UI or Android’s UI standard properly followed. When creating your app’s UI/UX, develop it efficient enough for your expert users, and informative and simple enough for novice users.
4. Navigation is a root for the success of any app. Don’t emphasize on aesthetics at the expense of functionality and intuitiveness. Navigation is not the place to experiment your new ideas.
5. When you develop a mobile app for iPhone, keep in mind the features of iOS, and when you do for Android, make sure your design principles match that operating system.
6. See to it that contrast and color schemes should be fun, beautiful, and contribute to the overall ease of using the app. But don’t use too many colors, particularly when designing an icon and theme.
In all, mobile app design is of paramount important, while planning for the app. Consider yourself as an end user to get it right.
Hybrid HTML5 for Mobile App Development
Usage of hybrid HTML5 coding has accelerated over time. The view among many developers that native mobile application development is more efficient than HTML5 hybrid is entirely wrong. This is especially true for enterprise applications. The usage of hybrid HTML5 will increase due to two factors: time-to-market and strong economy which favours the business. In addition, it allows an improved user experience. Since most of the company’s departments will have mobile applications in 2016, hybrid HTML5 will be high on demand in future.
Author is a senior business analyst and an expert in native mobile app development.
Chatbots are defining an effective self-service framework.
Chatbots have proven to design a more effective self-service framework which provides the users or customer with personalized responses to their queries in real-time. Initially, bots were largely used in messaging apps like Facebook, Slack, Skype etc. However, advancements in AI have made it easy for organizations to integrate chatbots into their native mobile apps. One of the biggest advantages of chatbot application in mobile apps is that with each user interaction, the app will only become more accurate in delivering results. Chatbots can significantly improve the functionality of mobile apps and they have proven this in the last few years.