Gone are days when workstation was limited to office boundaries. In this era of fast-paced technology atmosphere, employers are open to agile mobility solutions. Companies are adopting modern mobile technologies to stay ahead in the competition. With the emergence of new innovative & disruptive technologies, the world of technology is changing every day. Therefore, companies are going mobile to keep pace with the emerging technologies. Enterprise mobile application is the most disruptive technological innovation in today’s business world.
Thanks to the appearance of apps, mobile phones has emerged as a gadget that offers much more than just call receiving and messaging options. With GPS and WiFi enabled smart phones, one can explore the whole world just with the click of a button. Mobile app development is making its way into every industry. Examples of many successful business models with mobile apps are encouraging other enterprises to try their hands into this domain. The concept is now implemented in the enterprise mobile apps to replicate similar success story.
Why Enterprise Mobile Application?
If you Google the keyword ‘Enterprise Mobile Application Development’, you will find many companies which have been constantly working on top mobility solutions. Mobility solutions help enterprises to connect, convey and execute in a better manner. But have you ever wonder what is fuelling the growth of enterprise mobile application development. The answer is simple and short! Better productivity, positive customers’ experience and employees’ satisfaction.
What would be better than working on a device that has no dependency on location? Sometimes creative ideas sparks in the middle of travelling in a train or while having a coffee with a friend. With mobile apps, it is easier to transform the ideas into successful business initiative anytime and anywhere. Increased productivity and employee’s satisfaction achieved! What about customer’s satisfaction, here is the explanation for this? Customers love best product and services with low price tag. This can be easily achieved with the use of enterprise mobile apps. Mobile solutions enable the company to do business remotely for their on-site clients. Company saves the expenditure involved in travelling to on-site locations. This reduces the cost significantly resulting in cost-effective products and services.
Companies are also taking initiatives to promote the usage of mobile app. The ‘bring your own device’ policy is a good example of such initiatives. With 6.5 billion people connected with one or more devices, mobility solutions are bound to grow. The appearance of NFC (Near Field Communication) and LTE (Long Term Evolution) location services enterprise mobility is set to drive innovation and create new business models with mobility insurance to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
NFC assists in the exchange of data between devices located 10 cm distance apart. It uses short-range high frequency wireless communication technology for the exchange of information between two devices. It is an upgrade version of existing RFID.
LTE is commonly known as 4G LTE which enable wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals.
Key business area, where mobility solutions have significant impact
- Field-force Productivity
- Workforce Automation
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Decision Support Systems
- Consumer Applications – Commerce, Engagement, Service
Other Benefits of Enterprise Mobile Application Development
- More Productive Employees – The implementation of BYOD (bring your own device). Corporate culture has elevated creativity among the employees. Flexible working timings and location improves productive.
- More Engaged Customers – Use of mobile apps provides the customers better and convenient usability experience.
- Better Work/Life Balance: Professional life is busy and hectic and employees are left with little time to focus on personal life. With the option of working remotely, employees can easily balance their profession and personal life.
- Work Flow Personalization: When employees have the freedom to work in their own pace, their creative side grows and result in masterpiece which helps to drive the company in the path of success. They can work smarter by managing time effectively.
- Reduces Development Cost: Maintaining and developing separate entities for different work is definitely expensive and result in complex work flow. However, having a single application for performing separate work makes the process simple, easy and cost effective.
- Better business process integration: As multiple business processes work in conjunction, it is necessary to connect them properly. Multiple processes like sales and marketing, finance, human resource and more should be connected with each other for smooth work process. This is only possible by implementing a single application for the process. And application of enterprise mobile application helps to achieve this effortlessly.
- Better Centralized Control: Multi-national companies have different websites for their separate global customers. Maintaining all the entities differently is a tedious, time consuming and expensive process. Enterprise mobile application also helps in this situation. It seamlessly integrates all the entities together which makes it easy to maintain and update.
- Better User Experience and Global Brand Building: With the implementation of enterprise mobile application, it is easy to run a common platform for websites and application. Common platform ensure smooth navigation and re-usability which further provide better user experience and improves brand image.
Sooner or later, enterprise mobile applications will prove its efficacy. And more companies will start implementing it after realizing its potential.
AI, VR and IoT for mobile to enable brand innovation
The technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR) and the Internet of Things (IoT) are used by mobile devices to scale brand innovation. Conversational apps will gain advantage by the advancement of AI and personal assistants supported by voice feature. For ecommerce apps, travel apps and education apps, VR opens opportunities for next gen developments.