Android operating system has been ruling the mobile app development sector and with the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop. Android Lollipop 5.0 has provided a new dimension to Google’s Android operating. The Android app developers term Android Lollipop 5.0 as a version of Android that has overcome most cons from the earlier ones.Google has taken a step forward. The release of Android 5.0 Lollipop was mainly to combat Apple’s iOS. To retain its leadership in the market, Google came up with an updated version constituting of updated features to help the Android app developers in the development of award winning Android apps. Android 5.0 Lollipop, considered to be the most innovative and the most ambitious release made by Android till date. Android 5.0 Lollipop a packed with new features and new APIs, a huge benefit from the view point of a developer. The release Android operating system has taken a step forward for phones, tablets, TV’s, cars and wearable.
Android App Development Company
From the viewpoint of an android developer, the features that forms the highlight of the best ever released version of Android operating system are mentioned below.
- Material design support-The new material design style is the highlight of the user interface and it includes the following features:
- Material theme
- View shadow theme
- Re-cyclerview widget theme
- Animation and styling effect that is draw-able
- Effect of material design animation and activity transition effect
- View property animator
- UI widgets and app bars that could be customized along with controllable color palettes
- Animated and non- animated draw-able with XML vector graphic base
- Concurrent document- The latest version has the capability of adding more tasks in the recent screen option, which is required for the additional concurrent activities of the document.
- Web view Update – The web view implementation of Android 5.0 Lollipop is upgraded to chromium M37. This has brought the elements of security, enhanced level of stability and bug fixes.
- Screen capturing and sharing- The new Android.media.projection API, you could add screen capturing and screen sharing capabilities to your Android app development.
2. Notification –
2.1. Lock screen notification- The users have the privilege to choose the notification settings, which involves showing the sensitive notification content to be displayed over a secure lock screen.
2.2. Notification Metadata- The Notification metadata includes new options through Notification. Builder. These options include set-category, set-priority and add-person.
3.1. Support for open GL ES 3.1- Android 5.0 Lollipop combines Java interface and native support for Open GL ES 3.1. The key functionality would include
- Computer shaders
- Backward compatibility with Open GL ES 2.0 and 3.0
- Separated shader objects
- Advance blend mode and debugging with extension
- Indirect draw command
- Various sample and stencil texture
- Improvement in shading language
Related: Develop Cross Platform Apps
3.2. Android extension packs – The features of the Android extension pack for 5.0 Lollipop are as follows:
- Guaranteed fragment shader support
- Different blend mode for each color attachment
- Availability of tessellation and geometry shader
- Availability of pre-sample interpolation and shading option
- ASTC for texture compression format
4.1. Camera API for getting advance camera capabilities- The new Android.hardware.camera2 API has been added to Android 5.0 Lollipop. This helps in fine grain capturing of photo and processing of image.
4.2. Audio playback- The new version includes the following options:
- App has the capability of supplying audio data in the floating point format
- Audio data could be supplied as ByteBuffer
- Simplification of buffering and multi reading through WRITE_NON_Blocking
4.3. Media playback control – The notification and media API ensures that the system UI is aware of the media playback which the facility of extracting and showing album art.
4.4. Media browsing– The Android 5.0 Lollipop has the feature of allowing the apps to browse the media content library for another app.
5.1. Directory and selection- The storage access framework is extended in the Android 5.0 Lollipop to facilitate the user to select an entire directory.
6. Wireless and Connectivity-
6.1. Multi network connection-The multi networking API in Android 5.0 helps the app to scan for the available network in a dynamic manner.
6.2. Bluetooth low energy- The platform supports the Bluetooth low energy as a central role.
6.3. NFC enhancement- A more flexible and wider use of NFC for Android 5.0 Lollipop.
In comparison to the previous version of Android Lollipop version has features like better email integration, better usage of battery, getting access to most frequently used settings, enhanced integration for hardware, design that is uncluttered, better security, addition of more language, smart lock feature and better media capabilities.
Recent happenings with Link Building for Websites
Contextual linkings are the strong point of marketing as the content gets linked to the relevant content in another page of the website. In 2016, authoritative links which adds-on to the quality of the content will improve the Google ranking. According to Google’s ranking algorithm, more than quantity the key factor of the content is its quality backed by strongest linking to relevant pages.